Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Canyoneering Adventure in Zions for the two people that will actually read this.

Part one - Pine Creek Canyon


This past Friday (June 10th) we began a trip that some later would call "fantastical".




This is Brandt and I (Brandt is my dad) arriving at Zions on tuesday night.








Brandt at the local hangout in zions.










This was our campsite. It came complete with 3/4 of the worlds ant population, a deer, and a picnic table. Hooray!










Me and Brandt kicking it old school in the campsite.










I took this in the tunnel at zions (which was started in 1927 and finished in 1930....fyi)
Craig, Amber, and Doug






The group getting ready for the first plunge into the waters of Pine Creek Canyon *scary echo*.

left to right- Doug, Les, Amber, Craig, and Tim







There is water down there. I may have jumped into it, probably not the brightest idea I have had. It was cold, and I am retarded.

















Craig and Tim trying to coil the frozen rope






I am not going to lie or embelish this one. The water was so cold...it would have killed an ordinary man









Finding refuge in the sun










Still thawing out from the water that was so cold it would have killed an ordinary man








This was the last rappel. 100+ feet, free hanging, into water.

I think I just messed myself thinking about it again.

Craig fixing the rope






Amber on the last rappel.











Brandt singing his way down










Tim getting crazy with the rope as he is belaying Les










Craig and his flowing hair while being watched by Amber











Every one at the bottom, getting geared up for the long hike out courtesy of Tim.

No comments: